Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adventures in Domesticity

Slowly but surely we are getting our house put together. This is the first time that I have had to decorate an entire house by myself, and it is a little overwhelming. In the past I have received help (translation: they did it for me) from my mom, Nick's mom, or my grandma but they aren't here in Oklahoma with me so I am on my own! I am trying to work on one room at a time, if only to preserve my sanity. Truth be told, the only room that is complete is the kitchen and that is the easiest one to do! I love all of the stainless steel appliances, but it also makes me want to run out and buy a new stainless steel fridge to match. Baby steps...


My next goal is the living room. Of course now I want new couches but, like my new fridge, they will have to wait. I am hoping that a good quarter or two will give me a nice cash-flow to upgrade some stuff this summer. As you can see, the room is pretty bare but I am going shopping this weekend to search for window treatments and something to do with that giant wall behind the television.




Pretty daunting, but I love a challenge! Hopefully I will have much better pictures to share soon. We are hosting our first house guests next week so this gives me the much needed incentive to get creative this weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment